Friday, March 27, 2009

Gordon Graham: New York! New York!

New York! New York!
by Gordon Graham

I love New York! However I learned this week that it is so much more enjoyable when you’re not fighting a major head cold! My colleague and I were consulting in a specialty paper plant near Saratoga Springs. I spent the day speaking to all the employees in the plant, starting at 5:30 a.m. eastern time. Do you realize that is 2:30 a.m. in Seattle? The final group session ended at 4:30 p.m.

With this client, both the company and the union recognize that they need to be the best they can be to survive in today’s economy. There’s no room in these challenging times to allow a ‘disconnect’ between union and management leadership. Leadership must find a way to engage their people, keeping their energies focused on turning out the best end-product possible in order to keep jobs in our communities.

I flew out of Albany and met Cat Crosslin, my long-time associate, in New York City. New York is a city that will capture your heart if you like a fast-paced, high energy environment. Sure enough, the city got Cat! She had an opportunity to see the play, “Wicked,” on Broadway while I was hard at work in Albany. We then met with writer and publicist Judith Katz, who is a very talented, innovative and energetic woman. I was very impressed with both her talent and her heart.

Gordon Graham & Company is going through a major transition here in Seattle presently, not unlike many companies. However, we will still be doing our best to assist individuals and organizations in managing the changes these challenging times are demanding. The letters, phone calls (my style of communication), e-mails, texts, etc., that we receive keep us motivated to continue to make a positive difference in the world. Thanks for your continued support, and thanks for the contributions you are making to your communities.

Peace,

Gordon Graham
Gordon Graham & Co.
www.ggco.com

No comments: