Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election day! Eve an

Election day! Eve and I mailed in our ballots last week, so it's just a matter of waiting now for the results. For so many years elections held very little interest for me. Now I find myself extremely concerned with who is chosen to represent our city, state and country. If labels applied I would be considered a liberal. However, there are issues where I am quite the opposite. The person running for office, not whether they're Democrat, Republican or Independent, is more important to me than his or her political affiliation. Two politicians from my state of Washington that I always admired are Dan Evans, a Republican, and Boothe Gardner, a Democrat. It does seem that the Democratic position on most issues is closer to my own views. Equal access to opportunities, honesty, fairness, optimistic view of the future, independent thinker, not controlled by the money, a commitment to keep jobs in this country - these are the qualities I'm looking for. One person can make a difference, and each vote counts. Peace, Gordy Graham

No comments: